OUR SERVICE GUARANTEES
The Guaranteed Standards are a set of service standards agreed on by the Office of Utilities Regulation (OUR) and JPS. If we fail to meet these Standards, and the failure is not the result of circumstances beyond our control, you should claim for compensation. There are however some breaches which will attract automatic compensation, as of January 2010. To view Guaranteed Standards click here (PDF).
Our Guarantee covers the following areas of service:
- The connection of electricity supply
- Response to emergency and service calls
- Billing punctuality
- Response to customer queries
- Reconnection after payment of overdue amounts
- Estimated Bills
- Estimation of Consumption
- Meter Replacement
- Billing Adjustment
- Wrongful Disconnection
- Reconnection after Wrongful Disconnection
- Meter Change
- Responding to Claims for Compensatory Payment
If you feel we have breached a standard, you should claim for compensation by submitting a Guaranteed Standards Claim Form (PDF). Such claims should be submitted within 180 days or 132 working days after the occurrence of the breach.
*IMPORTANT You will need Adobe Reader to view the file(s). Click here to download Adobe Reader.