Special events or activities at a construction site sometimes result in the need for temporary electricity supply. Whenever this occurs there are certain guidelines that the customer must follow.
- An application must be made to JPS at least five days before the electricity is needed.
- The property must be checked by a Certified Electrician to ensure that breakers, grounding wires and other electrical connections are ready to receive electricity.
- A Government Electrical Inspector (GEI) must check the installation and issue a certificate, if approved.
- The customer must provide JPS with details of the load requirements, for example, the types of equipment that will be used at the location.
- A deposit, determined from the required load is paid, and a contract is signed before the service is provided.
For more details call our JPS Customer Care Center at 1-888-CALL JPS (225-5577)