PAYMENT & BILLING
UNDERSTANDING YOUR BILL
- SERVICE NAME/ADDRESS - The name of business and address where the service is provided. Click to read more.
- DUE DATE & STATEMENT DATE tells you the final date and date the bill was produced. Click to read more.
- ACCOUNT NUMBER - Consist of a CUSTOMER # and PREMISES #. Click to read more.
- CURRENT CHARGES - In this section you will find information regarding the Meter Number, Billing Cycle, Number of Days and Multiplier. Click to read more.
- Learn about Your ENERGY CHARGE, DEMAND CHARGE and CUSTOMER CHARGE. Click to read more.
- F/E ADJUSTMENT/FUEL CHARGE - This is an adjustment applied to all charges excluding fuel and IPP. Click to read more.
Learn to read your JPS Electricity Bill! Click the numbers which appears in the image (below) for an explanation of each component of your bill.
This is cost per kilo-watt-hour (kWh) for energy consumed. It consists of variable non-fuel costs, including the costs of wear and tear on the electricity plant. This charge can be controlled by regulating the run-time of various major electrical equipment or increasing their efficiency.
This is the unit cost per kilo-volt-ampere (kVA) which is applied to the peak demand or load of a facility over the billing period. It seeks to recover fixed cost expenditures by JPS. It can be reduced, by controlling the number of equipment operating simultaneously.
This is an administrative charge applied to the electricity bill irrespective of the level of consumption. It is also the minimum possible monthly charge.